One of the most critical parts of the winter is staying snug and warm. Of course, staying comfortable is important throughout the year, but during the winter it is even more essential. Winters in Holdrege are always changing and the chilliest days can often pop up on us, sometimes when your furnace is unprepared. So, before you find an expert technician, here are a few things you can inspect first:
- Check your filter – dirty filters are one of the most widespread causes of unforeseen furnace failures. Air has a more difficult time floating through filters once they are grimy or dirty, causing the system to shut off often times. The older the furnace, the more difficult it might be to find the problem, while newer furnaces are created to point out clogged and dirty filters before further problems arise. Replacing furnace filters every month or so can prevent these troubles and keep you comfortable.
- See if your batteries are weak or dead – keep constant tabs on your thermostat batteries to guarantee that there isn’t a flashing low battery light or indicator on your thermostat. If there is, it’s time to swap out the batteries on your thermostat.
- Ensure that your thermostat is set to “heat” – it can be easy to overlook minor things like the settings of your thermostat. Double-check this important step, especially if there was a new spike in temperature that may have caused you to turn off the “heat” setting.
- Check your switches – in your home’s circuit breaker panel, locate the breakers that run your furnace:
- [Ensure|Guarantee|Confirm]48] that the switch is in the On side. If it is Off or in the middle of the two spots, cycle the breaker to Off and then reset it to On.
- The switch that seems like a light switch should also be in the On, or Up, position. It can definitely be mistaken for a real light switch, which is why it is usually the issue with furnace troubleshooting. Once it’s back On, the system will only take a few minutes to reboot.
Walking through these steps is a straightforward and effective way of ensuring the productivity of your furnace before you set-up a call to your Holdrege professional. If there are still difficulties after you have gone through these steps, you will have a much greater idea on how to update your [[technicians|specialists|experts}69] on what the issue might be. If you have questions or need to arrange a repair, call Durable Service in Holdrege.