You can’t control the weather, but you can control how much you’re spending to keep comfortable no matter the weather. While it might not be the the top thing that comes to your mind, getting an yearly furnace service is a fantastic way to keep from excess spending on your utility bills and now is the perfect time to get that scheduled. The pros at Durable Service have put together a number of tips to help you save some money this coming season.
- Furnace Service—As we have mentioned, furnace service can help save you in multiple ways. It can help you find small problems before they become big problems, and it can help make certain your system is running at its best.
- Thermostat Adjustment—Changing the temperature on your thermostat even a few degrees can make a huge dent on your energy bill. Month after month those savings will really add up. If you’re having problems getting accustomed to the new temperature, try modifying it slowly, perhaps a degree a day. Your body will swiftly adjust to the new temperature.
- Change Your Filter—Changing your furnace filter is one of the most effortless and most valuable things a homeowner can do. A clogged filter will keep air from passing through easily, which will cause your system to work harder, which drives up your utility bills.
- Address Drafts—Windows and doors with drafts can cause you to lose heat and money. Caulk and weather-stripping are fantastic ways to fix drafts.
- Efficiency Check—When your Durable Service technician is over for your regular furnace service, ask them about the efficiency level of your unit. They can help you decide if it is time to check into a more energy-efficient model, which could help save you money without affecting your comfort.
There’s never a bad time to start saving money. Of course there are more ways to save money, but hopefully this will get you off on the right foot. If you need to schedule your annual furnace service or have any other questions about your home comfort give us a call at 308-995-8177.