Summer has arrived! Many of us are eager for warmer weather and some peaceful summer days. To optimize your comfort and truly relax, ensure your air conditioner is ready for the heat. One of the keys to a enjoyable summer in Holdrege is a dependable, efficient air conditioner. While Durable Service always recommends staying on track with annual preventive air conditioning service, we’ve got some tips to help keep your air conditioner running this season.
- First, another chance to cite the golden rule of HVAC: Check your air filter consistently! Replace the filter per the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Remove any covering from your air conditioning unit if you opted to have it covered for the cold season. Starting your air conditioner in advance of removing the cover can seriously damage it and lead to costly air conditioner service calls.
- Plants, leaves, tall grass and debris that are close to your outside unit can impact your AC’s operations. mow the grass, clean out any debris and remove overgrowth that obstructs your unit before you run it this summer. Be sure to check the area at least monthly to keep it open and maximize airflow through your air conditioner.
- To get the best air quality and that your air conditioner is running efficiently, have your ducts maintained regularly. It’s also a good idea to have your ducts examined for leaks to make sure all that cooled air is going where you need it and not leaving through gaps.
- Consider installing a programmable thermostat to provide assistance to manage the efficiency of your air conditioner.
- Check the slab your air conditioner unit rests on.
These easy steps can save you from unnecessary air conditioning service and keep you cool and comfortable throughout the summer months. If you would like to arrange your annual air conditioner service, or if you are interesting in any more tips or information to help get your air conditioner ready for summer and keep it running effortlessly, call Durable Service in Holdrege at 308-995-8177 today.