Having routine air conditioning service completed at least yearly can help extend the life of your air conditioner and keep it running at top efficiency. Before we get to the muggiest days of the Holdrege season, have the experts at Durable Service perform your routine air conditioning service.
Certain tasks should always be finished during a proper air conditioning service appointment. As stated by energy.gov, your specialist should always:
- Check for the proper amount of refrigerant, and if necessary, test for refrigerant leaks utilizing a leak detector.
- If a refrigerant evacuation is necessary, retrieve any refrigerant that must be emptied from the system, rather than illicitly freeing it to the atmosphere.
- Inspect for correct airflow in the system.
- Check the correct electric control sequence to ensure adequate sequence of operation.
- Examine electric terminals, clean and tighten connections.
- Check the precision of the thermostat.
When it comes to DIY air conditioning service, replacing or cleaning your air filters routinely is a top priority. That’s because nothing else that straightforward can help ensure your air conditioner continues to work at a high level of efficiency. Outside of when the air filter is cleaned or swapped out during your annual air conditioning service appointment, you should examine it regularly. We advise looking at it once a month or according to the manufacturer’s advice. How often it actually demands cleaning or replacement will be dependent on individual aspects in your home, like how much dust comes into your home and whether or not you have pets.
If it’s time for your regular air conditioner service or if you have questions about air filters or another element of air conditioner maintenance, call Durable Service today at 308-995-8177.