During the cooler Holdrege months, your furnace is your best friend—except for when your furnace breaks down and evolves into your worst enemy. Hopefully, this won’t happen to you, keeping you and your furnace on friendly terms. But, if it happens, a simple call to Durable Service will help bring warm and comfort back into your house in no time. We’ve got some indicators you should watch for to help you determine if you’re in need a furnace repair—hopefully before you are faced with an emergency repair job. Call Durable Service ASAP if you see any of these problems:
- You smell gas. Shut down your furnace instantly and shut off its gas supply if you smell gas. Don’t light a match or anything else that creates a flame and don’t turn on your lights until your furnace can be examined by a qualified technician or your gas company.
- Your home is too chilly. If you’re repeatedly turning up the thermostat, yet you remain cold, a furnace repair might be necessary. While this could be a sign of a problem with your thermostat, it could also mean your furnace is not big enough for your space.
- Your furnace is noisy. If you observe a change in the sounds coming from your furnace and it’s become noisier than usual, it’s probably a good idea to arrange a repair.
- Your utility bill is climbing without increased usage. If you’re working your furnace as you usually do but recognize an increase in your utility costs, there are several different problems you could be experiencing. Your expert from Durable Service can determine what the problem is.
- Your blower isn’t working correctly. If your blower isn’t running enough or, on the other hand, is running constantly, you could have a problem. It may be a something as minor as an air filter problem or something as big as a motor problem. We’ll help you sort it out.
Now that you know how to recognize when you need a furnace repair, give us a call and our team can help. If your furnace is running fine, keep it that way with a preventive maintenance visit. Just call Durable Service at 308-995-8177 or arrange an appointment with us online.