When it’s frigid in Holdrege you count on your furnace to keep you warm. If it’s been too long since your system had maintenance, you might have a furnace repair visit in your future. Even if your system appears to be operating well, you may need to clean or replace your air filter. An old air filter can impede air flow, decrease your furnace’s efficiency and affect the limit switch that controls furnace operation.
There are plenty of reasons you could need a furnace repair. The quicker you can reach out for a furnace repair, the better. If you notice any of the following signs, call in an expert, like Durable Service .
1. Your furnace is noisy. You may have a problem if your furnace has begun running loudly or making noises that are unfamiliar.
2. Your blower isn’t operating correctly. Is it running for enough time? Is it running without stopping? Does the air flow seem less powerful? You might have an issue with your air filter or furnace blower.
3. Your home isn’t getting warm enough. Have you raised the temperature again and again but haven’t noticed it feeling any warmer? This could signal a few particular problems. It could be something wrong with your thermostat. It may be an issue with your gas source or pilot light. It could even be that your furnace isn’t big enough for your house.
4. Your monthly bill keeps growing. Your usage is stable but your bill keeps increasing. This could indicate a few different problems. Your HVAC technician will help figure out what’s going wrong.
5. You smell gas. This is critical. If you smell gas, turn off your furnace immediately and cut off its gas supply. Avoid lighting matches or turning on lights until your HVAC expert or your gas company has a chance to inspect your system.
6. You find water pooling around your furnace. This is generally a clogged condensation line. It may need both plumbing and HVAC professionals to fix.
You’ll know when you should schedule furnace repair now that you’re familiar with these common symptoms. The team at Durable Service will be there when you need us. Call us at [[phonenumber]] or use our online scheduler to make an appointment.