According to the National Air Duct Cleaners Association, air ducts should be cleaned about three to five years on average. Your home’s location, your pets and the age of your air filters—along with many other factors—can influence this timeline. How can you know if it’s time to have your ducts cleaned? We’ve got some signals that you should keep in mind.
Look for these clues:
1. When your vents are completely opened, do any have less airflow than others?
2. Can you hear something other than your blower motor when you listen to the airflow?
3. Is there anything blocking your cold air return vent?
4. When you look inside with a flashlight, do you see a buildup of debris or pet hair?
5. Have insects or rodents created a home in your ductwork?
6. Are your cold air returns covered with dust or pet hair?
7. Are your registers blowing out dust?
If you replied “yes” to any of these questions, it’s likely time to contact Durable Service in Holdrege about air duct cleaning.
Prolonging Time Between Air Duct Cleaning
While professional cleanings are important, there are steps you can take to maintain your ducts and extend the time between professional appointments.
Most importantly, schedule consistent HVAC maintenance with the experts at Durable Service . A yearly checkup of your furnace in the fall and air conditioning unit in the spring will keep your HVAC system working at peak performance. Examining your system on a regular basis and replacing the air filter when necessary will also help keep your ducts clean.
Other ways you can help care for your ducts:
• Seal air duct leaks that let dust in from spaces such as your attic.
• Check your air filters often and switch them out when needed.
• Regularly dust and vacuum your rooms.
• Replace air duct insulation if it is in bad or wet condition.
Keeping your ducts clear will help you make sure the air in your Holdrege home is clean. Make sure to use these preventative actions and schedule a professional duct cleaning regularly. Call the experts at Durable Service at 308-995-8177 or schedule an appointment online.