As warmer weather begins, you might be thinking, is an AC tune-up worth it in Holdrege? Particularly if your AC system is newer or was running good last season.
Here’s one method to look at it. You wouldn’t get a brand-new car and never expect to request any work for it, such as putting in fresh oil or buying new tires.
The same affects your AC. It’s equipment that needs fuel and has moving pieces. Like a automobile, it can get leaks and its moving parts can break down.
Having your unit checked yearly by a Durable Service specialist can help spot minor issues before they turn into large breakdowns. (And cause your system to stop working!)
Six Reasons to Tune Up Your AC in the Spring
- It keeps your equipment clean. Since your AC is placed outdoors, it’s more prone to having a buildup of dirt, leaves and other yard clippings, which can negatively affect your equipment’s efficiency. While you can follow our how to clean your AC guide, we recommend calling a specialist to service complicated internal pieces.
- It keeps your system efficient. Dirt and yard clippings that accumulate within your unit can make it work harder and restrict airflow. Both these problems can lead to higher energy needs—and a higher utility bill!
- It could extend your system’s life span. A clean unit is an efficient one and may even help it last for a longer period of time. That’s money that you won’t spend on your monthly energy costs and over the years, since you won’t have to get new equipment as quickly.
- It helps identify little problems before they turn into big, expensive problems. During professional AC maintenance, your tech will carefully examine parts and complete a cycle of air conditioning performance verifications. These all-inclusive procedures often allow us to locate problems before they turn into large problems that result in an expensive repair bill.
- It helps deliver worry-free operation throughout the warmest days. After your air conditioner is serviced, you’ll have peace of mind realizing your equipment is ready to provide worry-free cooling. Even on the hottest days. It’s one of the best methods to keep your air conditioner from failing.
- It keeps your warranty going. Most manufacturers require regular maintenance to keep your warranty going. Without this work, your system is open to premature breakdowns and limited efficiency.
What Does AC Maintenance Entail?
A good AC maintenance should involve an examination and maintenance work from an experienced HVAC tech. Here’s some of the things we’ll do:
We’ll examine the subsequent spots and components:
- Total equipment order
- Start-up sequence
- Thermostat adjustment
- Air filter
- Blower parts and airflow
- Electrical connections
- Condenser coil
- Safety controls
- Supply and return temperature
- Refrigerant pressure
- Condensate drains
This is just a portion of the services we’ll do:
- Install new air filters
- Refasten electrical connections
- Check electrical flow
- Lube moving parts
- Clean condensate drains
- Clean condenser coil
Schedule Your AC Maintenance Now with Durable Service
This week is the best time to book your AC maintenance! Give our Durable Service pros a call at 308-995-8177 or contact us online to schedule your appointment. Before we arrive at your house, be sure to look at our discount offers for savings on your upcoming tune-up.