As we get further in to November and the temperature continues to dip, we’re faced with the imminent decision of when to flip on the heat. For some folks, that time has already come and for others, it is looming large. Of course with winter swiftly approaching now is the time to think about replacing your home’s furnace because no one wants their furnace to go kaput in the middle of the coldest day of the year.
So when the time comes to get a new furnace, how do you know whether you should go with an oil furnace or a gas furnace? Well we’re here to help answer that for you. After all, there’s no point in being layered up in the middle of January because you didn’t know your furnace was on its last legs.
Take a few minutes and read what both types of furnaces can provide you and give us a shout at 308-995-8177 if you have any other questions.
- Up-front cost is lower than gas furnaces
- Give more heat than other furnaces
- Easily serviced by the oil delivery company
- Maintenance can be more complex due to dirt and grim buildup
- Fuel costs are more than gas furnaces
- Less efficient than gas furnaces
- More efficient than oil furnaces
- Cheaper fuel compared to oil furnaces
*Note: your home must be in an area where a gas supply is available
- Less maintenance required
- Offers less heat than oil furnaces
- Up-front cost is 10-25% more than similar sized oil furnaces
No matter which furnace you pick, your comfort should never be sacrificed, so make sure you make the most informed decision possible. If you happen to have any questions throughout the process, don’t think twice about giving Durable Service in Holdrege a call at 308-995-8177. We’re more than happy to help resolve all of your furnace questions.