Call it Murphy’s Law, or maybe just a little misfortune, but we sometimes see heat pump troubles in Holdrege during the cooler months, when they’re needed the most to keep you comfortable. While you know the team at Durable Service will forever be there ASAP when you ask for us for a heat pump repair, there are some things you can do to double check a repair is needed and save yourself some expenses if it’s not. We’ve compiled this checklist of things to attempt before you give us a call.
- It may sound silly, but make sure everything is switched “on”. We’ve been to numerous calls only to find the thermostat or the heat pump itself is switched off.
If the heat pump still hasn’t turned on, go back to your thermostat.
- Is the thermostat turned to heat? If yes, raise the temperature by five degrees to check if it switches on.
- If everything looks accurate, inspect your heat pump switch (if it has one) and inspect the fuses and circuit breaker that shield the extra heating element (if it has one).
Is an obstruction causing your heat pump to breakdown?
- Try changing the battery, if it has one.
- Examine your air filters inside your air handler to ensure they’re not clogging things up.
- Are your room heating registers open and clear?
If you’ve moved through this checklist and you still need a heat pump repair, call Durable Service at 308-995-8177 and we’ll restore your home back to the warm and cozy place you expect this time of year.